Friday 1 February 2013

GREAT EXPECTATIONS



                                                       
 Brisbane Roar's 2-2 draw with Central Coast Mariners was just what the Brisbane sided needed at this stage of the season. Although some may argue it is only 1 point, they still managed to hold there own and play some dazzling Football in front of a modest 11,000 fans. I was talking with a friend of mine this week about the upcoming match and, while I was expectant and quite positive, my friend Steve seemed to be unpersuaded. I can understand his point of view, as the Roar have been a bit lacklustre at times. My feelings of expectancy was due to the Roar's spirted victories against teams like Perth Glory and Adelaide United. These were matches which showed the Roar team of old, is still alive and well. Last night's match against the Mariners was the catalyst, no doubt about it. This was make or break time for the Roar, as the race for the Top 6 spot is heating up and time is running out. It was also make or break for the fans I believe, as crowd attendance has waned in the last 5 weeks due to patchy performances. So with only 8 weeks left of the regular season, I believe the Brisbane Roar can stake a claim in the Top 6 on March 31. Infact, I believe 4th spot would be well and truly achievable at this stage of the competition. Only time will tell.

Written by Alex Stilianos.
     

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment